Job ID: 353768184
Job Details Job Location : The Residence at Cedar Dell - Dartmouth, MA Position Type : Part Time Salary Range : Undisclosed Job Description
LCB Senior Living is hiring an Activity Assistant in our Memory Care at The Residence at Cedar Dell. Apply today for immediate consideration!
**Starting at $15.50/hr - $17.50/hr based upon experience**
What We Offer:
Great benefits starting from Day One (Full-Time)
PTO- Paid Time Off
Work with an Amazing Team!
Possibility for tuition reimbursement
Rewarding role working with seniors
**We are proud to share that almost all of our associates are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, which helps keep cases at our communities to a minimum. COVID vaccine are required for employment; medical exemptions accepted**
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Planning, developing, organizing, and implementation of all residence activities.
- Develop suggestions and ideas for improving and expanding the Activities Program.
- Maintains a professional, warm and caring relationship with residents and families.
- Assist in arranging transportation and escorts for residents to and from outside and community activities.
- Assist with maintaining and expanding Volunteer Programs.
- Assist residents with maintaining and operating the residence store.
- Assist with maintaining adequate supplies per department budget.
- Assist residents to and from activities.
- Assist with monthly newsletter and/or weekly calendar.
- Attend required on-going in-service training sessions and orientation.
- Driving residents in van as needed.
- Perform dual tasks and work independently.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to assist in the development and implementation of activities required.
- The ability to create interest in the activities and motivate residents to participate daily is required.
- Creativity and motivational skills necessary.
- The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential.
- Requires frequent bending, stretching, stooping and lifting.
- Must be able to perform tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and familiarity with office software, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, database managers presentation software and Calendar/Newsletter software
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience in the recreational therapy or related field preferred. Gerontology experience preferred.
- Certificates/Licenses: A valid drivers license in the state of work is required with no more than two moving violations in a three year period as determined by our insurance broker.
- Physical Demands:
- Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifteen (15) lbs., and be able to carry objects.
- Must be able to push and pull carts, and continuously walk, sit and stand.
- Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate.