WE ARE UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!!! Recovery Unlimited is continuing to expand and is looking for several new therapists/counselors to come join our amazing team. We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated substance abuse counselor to help provide direction and support for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for developing treatment plans, and identifying behaviors that impede rehabilitation. You may also be required to facilitate individual and group therapy sessions.
To ensure success, substance abuse counselors should be familiar with the latest treatment methods and collaborate with other mental health care specialists. Top-notch candidates have excellent clinical knowledge and demonstrable counseling experience.
Substance Abuse Counselor Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of a case from date of entry to date of discharge.
- Evaluating patients' physical and mental behaviors.
- Developing appropriate treatment plans.
- Facilitating individual and group therapy sessions.
- Monitoring patients over time to access treatment progress.
- Collaborating with medical team, referring agencies and other providers.
- Identifying behaviors that interfere with treatment and recovery.
Substance Abuse Counselor Requirements:
- Master's degree in counseling preferred.
- Licensed Practicing Counselor Candidate (LPCC), Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC), or similar.
- Previous experience with the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
- Familiarity with electronic health record systems.
- Experience with co-occurring health and mental health problems.
- Application of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) best practice indicators.
- In-depth knowledge of drug and alcohol testing to monitor treatment plans and medical instructions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a compassionate nature.