Free Will Baptist Family Ministries, Inc. is a nationally recognized model of excellence in faith-based family, adult, adolescent and childcare services where our focus is to provide the highest quality of care while being good stewards, all to strengthen and preserve the family and provide dignity to those we serve.
POSITION: DIRECT SUPPORT MENTOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position of Direct Support Mentor provides stability and the framework needed for the residents to
receive proper instruction and training. The Direct Support Mentor strives to build relationships with the
residents and their families. Daily teaching and mentoring enable these relationships to be built. The
Direct Support Mentor reports to Team Leaders and to the Residential Coordinator.
- Possess a minimum of a high school education or GED. Additional education is preferred.
- One (1) year experience working with youth is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an F endorsement or equivalent (or ability to obtain "F" end)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must subscribe to our agency’s mission statement, organizational values and beliefs.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have a current physical (within the last 6 months) or ability to obtain one
- Must have a TB test (administered within the past year) or the ability to obtain one
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide a safe and nurturing environment for our youth in care.
2. Teach all components of skill development curriculum to our youth in care.
3. Maintain upkeep of cottage and yard as per company standards.
4. Confirm all needed youth appointments and medication refills.
5. Administer medications in accordance with agency procedure.
6. Monitor resident’s educational program and homework assignments and assist as needed.
7. Maintain communicative relationship with resident’s family specialist
8. Fulfill requirements as directed by Human Resources Department.
9. Be a proper role model and serve as an advocate for residents
10. Participate in Process Improvement activities.
11. Maintain positive and professional interactions and relationships with staff/youth/families
12. Be a good will ambassador for the agency and its residents.
13. Ensure provision of resident transportation to all medical, recreational and social activities.
14. Fully comply with administrative and Program Service policy and procedural guides.
15. Complete all initial training and job shadowing, as well as ongoing trainings.
16. Complete and submit maintenance requests as needed.
17. Provide line of sight supervision to residents.
18. Maintain security of agency vehicles, cottage, and other agency property including keys.
19. Develop and oversee resident participation in daily treatment schedule and cottage routine.
20. Follow all detailed safety, behavioral, and treatment plans for residents, assisting in implementation
21. Attend all scheduled meetings
22. Complete all documentation as per program service guidelines and requirements.
23. Perform other job duties as required.
The above description reflects the general duties necessary to perform the job and shall not be construed
as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Full Time Benefits: HEALTH & DENTAL * PAID TIME OFF * PAID STD * RETIREMENT MATCH * ANNUAL BONUSES * FLEX CARD
Part Time Benefits: RETIREMENT PLAN * ANNUAL BONUSES
Job ID: 289184247