We have openings in Youngstown, OH and Steubenville, OH! Apply today!
Licensed Clinicians perform and provide direction for a variety of administrative, supervisory, and clinical services for Red Zone programs within a school setting; with an emphasis on intensive clinical therapeutic services to students with identified mental health and/or social & emotional needs. This position is responsible for ensuring Red Zone students receive client and family centered interventions that are intentional and goal-specific. Licensed clinicians work with each student’s family to determine the best treatment plan to meet the child’s individual needs. Services are provided to students during the school day and after school as well as the child’s home if needed. Therapeutic activities are also provided on non-school days during school breaks and throughout the summer vacation.
LSW, LPC, LPCC, LISW Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Assure each client is assessed and receiving quality services according to the treatment phases in accordance with Federal and State standards as well as agency policies
- Counsel clients in crisis situations by identifying client resources and coping abilities in order to help client cope with and take steps to resolve crisis
- Perform treatment plan reviews
- Provide services to participants by conducting assessments, developing treatment plans and facilitating individual and group counseling sessions
- Complete all required documentation
- Participate in case conferences and case reviews in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Secure necessary documentation from client, when appropriate, to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Continues professional training, stays current with professional developments, and maintains license
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a service relationship with youth, family, and schools
- Develop and implement individualized student service plan
- Provide in-school and in-home therapeutic interventions for identified students that will enhance their functioning and interactions within their school, home, and community
- Assess student needs and refer to appropriate services as necessary
- Work cooperatively with school staff and student families to ensure students are on track to obtain the goals developed in their Individualized Service Plan
- Provide tools to parents/guardians that are necessary for supporting their youth in achieving goals
- Maintain minimum productivity level of 62% billable contact per week
- Maintain and submit appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes, and billing in regulation with Red Zone standards
- Responsible for record-keeping of confidential information; dissemination to appropriate individuals within the agency based on Red Zone requirements
- Participate in staff meetings and required trainings
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: 40k-55K negotiable based on experience and education
Overview of School-Based Services
Target Population:Students Grades K-12
Services Provided:Individual, group and family psychotherapy, individualized treatment planning, emotional and behavioral support, crisis intervention, and non-school days activities
Examples of some challenges our students may have include:Emotional dysregulation, Depression and/or Anxiety, Intractable anger, Adoption Issues, Attachment and relationship issues, ADD, ADHD, PTSD, Impulsivity (including lying and stealing), Oppositionality and/or defiance aggression towards self and others, School Problems, Loss and Grief Issues, Poor Social Skills, Social Development, and Peer Relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Requirements Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Mental Health field (ie. Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, etc) Master degree pref
- Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Minimum 1 year experience in Outpatient Therapy required
- Minimum 2 years working from an evidence-based framework including Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) with children and adolescents preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with training and experience specifically with CBT treatment for anxiety and/or behavior disorders
- Experience working with family conflicts and parent-child relationship issues
- Flexibility to work with adults as well as children
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently or on a team Professional attire and appearance required.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Bilingual preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time