AmeriCorps Case Management Aides work directly with clients by providing services, referrals, resources, and support to encourage self-sustainability. Members provide case management services to adolescents, survivors of sexual and domestic violence, immigrants and refugees, elderly individuals, and other clients who are at-risk of becoming homeless, are currently homeless, or who have recently experienced homelessness.
Daily tasks may include meeting one-on-one with clients, helping them access public assistance including SNAP, connecting with landlords to find housing resources, referring clients to mental and physical healthcare services, and more.
- Serve full-time from September 2019-July 2020. Work hours vary but are typically 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Serve for 11 months as part of AmeriCorps, a national service initiative to help others and meet critical needs in the community.
- Aid with existing case management services to address specific barriers clients are experiencing regarding his or her housing, employment, and/or personal stability goals.
- Educate the community about homelessness as well as recruit, train and coordinate volunteers in supporting client, site, and project needs.
- Attend regular trainings and participate in community service projects.
- Make lifelong friendships and connections
- Annual living allowance of $13,991
- Education award
- Health Insurance
- Childcare assistance
- Student loan forbearance on qualified federal loans
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Members must be at least 20 years of age
- Have completed at least one year of college coursework
- Work/volunteer/intern experience with homeless and/or social services preferred
- Members must be able to establish and maintain professional boundaries as well as feel comfortable working with families, children, adolescents, and single adults in issue areas of shelter and housing, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, general health, education, and refugee services.
**Members will be required to pass a National Criminal Background Check before beginning service.
Our Service Sites:
Any Baby Can, Caritas of Austin, Casa Marianella, Family Eldercare, Foundation Communities, Foundation for the Homeless, Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, LifeWorks, SafePlace, and Trinity Center.
Job ID: 235845622