Medical Social Worker - Dialysis Clinic
We are currently seeking a Medical Social Worker for outpatient dialysis clinics located in Wasilla, AK and Anchorage, AK.
Below is a summary of the key responsibilities of this position:
- Responsible, through direct action for the overall psychosocial management and quality of patient care.
- Ability to provide psychosocial evaluation and counseling to patients and their families.
- The ability to complete records and maintain case record.
- Provides guidance for patients' services. These may include outpatient dialysis programs and self-care home programs delivered in the community.
- Serve as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team and in collaboration with the Physician and management team, will contribute to the plan of care, and document the plan, interventions and evaluation of outcomes in the interdisciplinary progress notes.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Social Work. Master’s from an accredited school of Social Work or its clinical Practice.
- Eligible for membership on the National Association of Social Workers.
- At least one year experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Ability to provide psychosocial evaluations and counseling to ESRD patients and their families. The ability to complete and maintain records.
- Must have valid driver’s license, ability/willingness to drive between Anchorage and Wasilla clinics and reliable transportation.
Skills needed for success:
- Leadership ability and organizational skills.
- Computer software knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and implement government standards.
Compensation: Great work environment, competitive pay, full benefit program including 401k company match & 5 weeks of paid time off.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job ID: 248759168