We are seeking to fill a Family Support Specialist position in the Healthy Families Maricopa County program.
Healthy Families is a free, voluntary, child abuse/neglect prevention program that helps parents meet the challenges of parenting. The program is offered to families who are expecting a new baby or have a baby who is less than 90 days old.
As a Family Support Specialist you will provide home-based (home-visiting) intervention services to pregnant women and families with newborns who have been identified as having risk factors for child abuse and neglect. You will also work with families in their home to support them in achieving goals that are important to the family, and to provide services that enhance overall family well being.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Screen, track and promote child health and development
- Complete accurate and timely documentation including family records and billing reports
- Enhance positive parent-child interactions
- Linkage to appropriate community resources.
This position is offered full-time with an excellent benefits package. Southwest Human Development is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree - Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education, Child Development or other related human services field
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Education / knowledge of family dynamics and community resources
- Microsoft Office and Windows experience preferred
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, registered vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card - OR - must qualify for a valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
Job ID: 238403849
Southwest Human Development
The first five years of life are the most critical in a child's development. At Southwest Human Development, our services improve lives and help families by supporting young children and their caregivers during this important time.
In partnership with families, we provide children with the care, attention and support needed to set them on a... The first five years of life are the most critical in a child's development. At Southwest Human Development, our services improve lives and help families by supporting young children and their caregivers during this important time.
In partnership with families, we provide children with the care, attention and support needed to set them on a path to success in school and life, and help them reach their fullest capabilities.
Southwest Human Development strengthens the foundation Arizona's children need for a great start in life. We are Arizona's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to early childhood development and our 900 staff members provide 40 innovative programs and services to 135,000 children and their families each year in the areas of:
- Child Development and Mental Health
- Easterseals Disabilities Services
- Early Literacy
- Head Start and Early Head Start
- Family Support and Child Welfare
- Professional Development and Training
Our core values embody Southwest Human Development’s commitment to services that uplift the lives of children, families and other care providers, and the communities in which they live. These values are intended to guide the professional development, ethical conduct and skilled practice of all of our staff, whatever their specific role within the agency. All staff are valued as making essential contributions to strengthening the foundation that Arizona’s children need for a great start in life.
High Quality and Ethical Services
Learning as a Lifelong Process
Promoting Social Justice, Equity and Inclusiveness
Working in Partnership with Families, Caregivers and Community Providers
Reflective Practice in Support of Relationship-Based Work
Innovative Responsiveness to Community Needs
Southwest Human Development provides a comprehensive benefits package that represents a significant part of the total compensation plan:
Health Insurance (provided at no cost to the employee)
Flexible Spending Account
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Sick Time
Ongoing Professional Development and Training
Website:View all 3 jobs