Job ID: 226592371
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
As a Clinical Psych Specialist at Geisinger, you will help provide excellent patient care by:
- Assessing patient needs and abilities to develop treatment plans to facilitate improved patient functioning/symptom resolution
- Provides individual, family, couples and groups psychotherapy as deemed clinically appropriate
- Participates with the Division of Psychiatry Team and all other team members where program planning as required
- Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of Geisinger Health System in its efforts to provide quality service and patient satisfaction while working under the direction of the Operations Manager, Psychiatrist or AVP of Psychiatry
Competencies and Skills
- PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING-Knowledge of theories and methodologies for psychological counseling; ability to conduct a planned counseling interaction and design a counseling process to facilitate clients' progress toward meeting counseling goals and objectives.
- PSYCHOTHERAPY-Knowledge of psychotherapeutic models, theories and methodologies; ability to implement psychotherapeutic programs based on the principles and procedures of mental health and related disciplines to increase an individual's sense of well-being.
- HEALTH CARE POLICY AND ETHICS COMPLIANCE-Knowledge of health care policies for all clinical practices and applicable laws and regulations governing proper clinical practice; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS-Demonstrates oral, written, and electronic communications skills
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
- TIME MANAGEMENT-Time management refers to a range of skills, tools, and techniques used to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals.
- TEAM PLAYER-Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- INDEPENDENT WORK-Demonstrates ability to work independently or with limited supervision
Required Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in social work, psychology, nursing or other related discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of three years related experience required.
- Appropriate professional-related Pennsylvania licensure required.
- Previous treatment experience with individual, group, or family psychotherapy required.
We currently have openings in the following Pennsylvania locations:
- Camp Hill
To learn about our competitive compensation and benefits packages which provide professional development and support for a healthy work/life balance, please visit Geisinger.org/careers
EOE/AA: disability/vet ** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver.