Full-time positions available 9:00am - 5:30pm
Belmont Village Senior Living Sunnyvale is seeking an energetic, creative individual to plan and facilitate activities daily with groups of cognitively impaired residents utilizing our therapeutic memory enrichment curriculum.
Residents participating in these small groups are commonly affected by Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. Our daily activities are designed around our Whole Brain Fitness model including physical exercise classes, art classes, debate groups, math
#MON #gd IND123
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK on FORTUNE's Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services ! Our employees say we have a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities.
Belmont Village staff members play an essential role in providing our residents with an exceptional lifestyle as they age. Our goal is to build dedicated teams who provide excellent care and services to our residents with knowledge, compassion, respect and a commitment to working with seniors.
Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Senior Living a Great Place to Work and Live! PURPOSE
Activity Leader, organizes and implements specialized activities for seniors with cognitive disabilities living in our Assisted Living and Memory Care community. This position is responsible for ensuring quality and program integrity for therapeutic memory enrichment activity programs.
- Leads daily therapeutic memory enrichment activity group and ensures therapeutic person-centered, Whole Brain Fitness programs through a typical day structure
- Prepares background materials and conducts relevant research for activities within the provided curriculum.
- Tracks and trends weekly activity participation in specified group, and completes and maintains program/resident documentation as required by company policy and/or licensing requirements
- May conduct specified bi-annual Cognitive Assessments residents under the supervision of the department manager
- Maintains regular and consistent communication with the department manager, colleagues, caregivers, and Nurses; also communicates with and involves resident family members as needed and/or directed by the department manager.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for residents in the program, complying with all safety procedures including elopement and wandering prevention protocols.
- Associates Degree required, with course work in social work, psychology, recreation therapy or related field.
- Experience working with seniors or other related experience required
- Must successfully complete an "Activity Audition"
- Ability to work flexible days/hours
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Proven organization, time management and attention to detail skills
- Interest in working with the older population
- Computer experience and ability to use or learn to use software programs
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
Job ID: 215972033